The Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro are some of the best Android smartphones you can get right now. Part of the good Android and camera experience is due to Google’s first custom chipset, the Tensor, inside the Pixel 6 series. Thanks to the Tensor, the Pixel 6 gets a lot more features than other smartphones. Android does not have, like improved voice input in the keyboard, special camera modes like Motion, and much more. According to a report 9to5Google, the Pixel 6 series is about to get another exclusive feature.
9to5Google has discovered new strings (a line of text from code) in the Android System Intelligence app (which was previously called Device Personalization Services), which suggests that Google is ready to make a lot of features and improvements to the ” In brief ”on the Pixel 6. The report says the “At a Glance” feature is poised to get “even more features” that justify the ” new design that spans the full width of the Pixel Launcher .”
Currently, the “At a Glance” widget on the Pixel 6 allows you to see traffic and arrival dates at your destination, calendar events, severe weather alerts, flight information, and more. But soon, according to the 9to5Google leak, the widget will be able to display more information as well.
According to the report, the Pixel 6’s widget will be able to display shopping lists, bedtime and doorbell alerts, the battery percentage of devices connected via Bluetooth, a timer, a stopwatch, and more. Here is the list (via XDA Developers ) of all the new capabilities coming to the “In Brief” widget:
- In a store: Google Pay shopping lists and reward cards when in supported stores
- Bedtime: your bedtime from the Clock app
- Connected devices: connection status and battery information for your Bluetooth devices
- Doorbell: show who is at the door when the doorbell rings
- Fitness: information about the activity of your fitness application
- Flashlight: reminder when the flashlight is on
- Safety check: countdown to safety check from the Personal Safety app
- Timer and stopwatch: information on the timer and stopwatch from the Clock app.
Only on the Pixel 6 range for the moment
For now, Google is only testing these features on the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro, which could mean that these features remain exclusive to Google’s smartphones, although the report says Google may bring it to “ d ‘ other Pixel smartphones by new ASI versions ”.
The report also states that Google is currently testing these widgets and that not all capabilities might show up on the final version.